The Siberian Husky is a medium to large, dense-coat working dog breed that originated in north-eastern Siberia. The breed belongs to the Spitz genetic family. It is recognizable by its thickly furred double coat, erect triangular ears, and distinctive markings.
Huskies are a very active, energetic, and resilient breed whose ancestors came from the extremely cold and harsh environment of the Siberian Arctic. Siberian Huskies were bred by the Chukchi of Northeastern Asia to pull heavy loads long distances through difficult conditions. The dogs were imported into Alaska during the Nome Gold Rush and later spread into the United States and Canada. They were initially sent to Alaska and Canada as sled dogs but rapidly acquired the status of family pets and show dogs.
Undeniably Siberian Husky’s are one of the world’s most beautiful canine breeds. It is incredibly easy to become so captivated by their appearance than one makes an abrupt decision to welcome a Siberian into his/her family without ever having initialized proper research.
Some folks take the “learn as I go” approach and learn to deal with the “bumps in the road”, for others they find themselves in a situation that they are so unequipped to deal with that they make yet another abrupt decision and remove the canine from their residency.
Often times these are the very Siberian Husky’s that end up in shelters/other homes (some with experience regarding this breed/some not) many others are abandoned in the streets or worse.
We urge you to properly research this breed before making a uninformed decision. Our puppy buyers are interviewed extensively to ensure, to the best of our ability, that we are also making an informed decision and not adding to an ongoing crisis.
Top 10 facts you need to know/understand/accept regarding the Siberian Husky
1) Siberian Husky’s possess a “pack” instinct! They need and desire the company of another canine or human companion at all times. They are not ideal for those who work long hours or those whom can only have one dog.
2) Siberians are not guard dogs! They are very friendly by nature thus they never meet a stranger. They would friend any foe.
3) Siberians blow their entire undercoat at least once per year! The amount of hair shed will be way beyond human comprehension. Be prepared to buy stock in Dyson!
4) Siberians are proficient at digging! “Digging to China” might very well be one of their life goals.
5) Siberians are free spirited! They love, love to “run” and can never be trusted off lead. Some folks allow it without realizing/accepting that it only takes “once”! No matter how much training and time has been invested you cannot change the drive of the Siberian Husky. A Siberian, for his own protection, should be kept confined or under control at all times.
6) Siberians sing the song of their people! They will proudly howl during all hours of the night if they so choose.
7) Siberians Husky’s are Houdini’s! They can go over, under or through nearly any barrier.
8) Siberians are a working breed! Exercise is an absolute necessity. When appropriate exercise is absent from their daily activities they can become very destructive. They are not an ideal breed for those with lower than average energy levels.
9) Siberians are very strong willed! If they are interested in something, obtaining their focus can be nearly impossible.
10) Siberians are substantially prey driven! It is recommended to raise them up from a young age with other animals in your home such as cats, birds and other smaller animal species.
1) Multiple banded sections of color on each individual strand of hair
2) White markings are always cream colored
3) Dark mask
4) Charcoal undercoat
5) Extensive pigmentation to the coat
6) No dilution to the coats pigment
7) Outer coat presents a blending of black, tan, red or grey
8) Black is common on the root and tip of the hair
9) Black points
10) Black paw pads
I am the creator of Facebook’s elite, integrated, family oriented and friendly Siberian Husky group, Husky Whisperers. What sets us apart from the "masses" is the skill set of our administration team and the passion we possess for a productive atmosphere.
Husky Whisperers has been a positive for our community by "daring to be different by daring to be distinct!". In 12 short months Husky Whisperers reached nearly 17 thousand, surpassing every other Siberian Husky specific group on Facebook today. One word~ Incredible!
Our main group is one in a series of 5 Husky Whisperers Groups. Each group maintains a specific focus and boasts an administration team who specializes in that particular area of interest.
We personally invite you to join our continuously growing Family and see the Husky Whisperers difference for yourself.
(click open this content in a new window)
To Order Click Here~ http://www.nuvet.com/83515
Or call to order~(1-800-474-7044)
Please be sure to enter the code~ 83515